PF™ DOOR FRAMES
To have a complete entry system , it is important to consider the material of the door frame . Many doors are hung in either wood or steel frames , which are prone to the same problems as the doors themselves . Wood frames can warp , rot , and crack , while steel frames can rust and dent . You don ’ t want to install a door that will fail , nor do you want to install a frame that will fail .
Plastpro ’ s Polyfiber ( PF ) Door Frames offer an innovative alternative to traditional door jambs . Our uniquely formulated door frame combines the beauty of wood with the strength of steel . The material is durable , long-lasting , and is more thermally resistant than either wood or metal . The advanced system can be installed the same way as traditional wood jambs with no added hassle . When a fiberglass door is used with a PF Frame , they create an impenetrable entryway .
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Equipped with HydroShield Technology , it will not absorb or wick moisture , and prevents warping , rotting , and splitting .
• Frame cannot be infested with termites at any point along the structure .
• Has twice the screw holding power of traditional wood door frames .
• More versatility in design . Available in various lengths and widths that can be stained as well as painted .
• Continuous piece with no finger joint and is 25 percent more rigid than wood frames .
• Maintenance free and energy efficient .
FRAME DECAY COMPARISON
PF™ DOOR FRAMES
PLASTPRO PF™ DOOR FRAME
* with Hydroshield Technology™
TRADITIONAL WOOD FRAME
Susceptible to rotting , warping , and decay